Some of the best remedies on how to get rid of dark circles lie in our kitchen. Here are 10 the best homemade treatments. You can pick one or you will try all of them, and find which one will be good for you.
Ingredients for beauty eyes: Fresh tomatoes, 2 bags of black or green tea, almond oil, ice bag or frozen spoon, fresh mint leaves, water, lemon, turmeric, rose petal or rose water, fresh cucumber, fresh strawberry, ice coffee, fresh or cooked potato.
- Tea bags are considered as a beneficial treatment for dark circles. You can use dark or green tea. Place one wet, cold tea bag on each eye and let it rest for a while. Keep your eyes closed. You can refrigerate them overnight so they will be ready in the morning.
- Cold compress also helps treat dark circles. You may use an ice bag or a frozen spoon. Simply put anyone of these near the eyes. This will instantly reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Deep cotton balls in cold espresso or apply an ice coffee cube wrapped in soft cloth to your eyes daily. Place them on your eyes and keep it there for 20 minutes. Keep your eyes closed. You can refrigerate them overnight so they will be ready in the morning.
- Fresh cucumber or strawberry. You can apply cucumber or strawberry on your eyes to diminish darkness and swelling. Slice them and place the slice over the eyes. You can also use the cucumber or strawberry juice and dab some with a cotton ball. Place one ball on each eye and let it rest for a while. Do this daily, coupled with lying down for 10-15 minutes. Keep your eyes closed.
- Crushed gently in fingers a few rose petals and place directly on your tired eyes. Relax and smell the roses. Relaxing might help remove sources of stress and anxiety that are preventing you from sleeping and resting properly. You can also dip cotton balls in rose water and keep on the under eye area for 20 minutes. This will also help to reduce dark circle.
- The cooling properties of potatoes make them effective remedies of dark circle. Place a thin potato layer on every eyelid for 15 minutes. You can also use warm, cooked and smashed potatoes. You can leave the remedy over 30 minutes for better results.
- Crushed mint gives a cooling effect and immediately soothes tired eyes, which help to reduce dark circles. Place crushed mint leaves around the eyes and leave it for a while.
- Start drinking 8-10 glasses of water (including minimum 2 gasses of lemon water) everyday to clean your body of all the toxins, which also contributes to dark circles. It promotes proper blood circulation around the eyes.
- Reduce salt intake. Excess salt causes the body to retain water in unusual places, and this can result in puffiness and darkness under the eyes. Too much salt can also impair your circulation and cause the blood vessels under the skin to appear bluer. Minimum one times a week, use tomatoes and lemon eye mask. Tomatoes are highly effective for treating dark circles. You can prepare a mixture using 1 teaspoon of fresh tomato juice, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric. Be careful as lemon juice can affect your eyes. Apply it gently under the eye and leave it for ten minutes and then rinse it off.
- One of the most popular remedies to remove dark circles is almond oil and honey. A mixture of almond oil and honey should be applied on the affected area every night before bedtime. You will see a remarkable improvement in two to three weeks, and leave it overnight. Wash if off gently after waking up in the morning. A mixture of almond oil and honey should be applied on the affected area every night before bedtime. You will see a remarkable improvement in three weeks.