If you have been battling stomach discomfort, and you’re unsure why you may have acid accumulation! Sadly, this can cause a damper on your day, especially if you are not sure why it’s happening. You may also have trouble living normally because certain foods cause so much irritation that you cannot enjoy social activities. Chances are, you may be suffering from one of two key issues—acid reflux or a more serious condition known as GERD. If you want to get back to a normal life, it helps to take the time to learn about how the overproduction of acid affects the gut.
What’s Acid Reflux vs. GERD?
Chronic acid reflux is caused by weakening the pyloric sphincter, a flap that allows food and liquid to flow into your stomach. When the sphincter relaxes abnormally, acid retreats into your esophagus, leading to severe inflammation. In comparison, GERD is a more serious disease that co-occurs with other conditions such as obesity, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), hiatal hernias, and diabetes.
GERD, or Gastroesophageal reflux disease, is a chronic disease where the liquid content in the stomach refluxes back into the esophagus. Unfortunately, GERD is becoming increasingly common. Approximately 20%-25% of Americans experience symptoms of GERD more than three times per week. Some include difficulty swallowing, chest pain, regurgitating acid into your throat, and even tooth decay. Elevated levels, left unmanaged, cause breakdown of the surrounding tissue through which the acid travels.
Most medical specialists address these issues using a few go-to medications to provide relief.
- Tums, Critical, and Gaviscon– These are the typical antacids that are usually the first option patients select before consulting a doctor.
- H2 Receptor Blockers- These blockers are used to treat chronic acid reflux. The primary ingredient is H2 blockers that function by inhibiting histamine on gastric H2 receptors, which reduce gastric acidity. However, this treatment is only effective for about four to ten hours.
- Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI)- PPIs function similarly to H2 blockers; they block acid production in the stomach. Common PPI prescriptions include Omeprazole, Nexium, and Prilosec. But the side effects may lead to diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and headache.
The problem is that they, too, are not meant to work for extended periods.
The Problem with Typical Treatments
Those who experience regular reflux tend to consume products like those mentioned above. Namely, those who experience regular reflux tend to consume products such as antacids. The concern is that these products weaken the gut’s normal acid levels that it needs to function normally. Without it, we tend to struggle to digest food. Once the body shuts down the acid production, this causes a wide variety of issues. For example, your body starts creating excess acid to compensate, which leads your symptoms into overdrive. Furthermore, you may develop painful intestinal gas, and swelling in your extremities, like hands, feet, and ankles, along with diarrhea and constipation. As it worsens, you may end up with hypoglycemia, affecting your organ systems over time. These outcomes are problematic because individuals lean on antacids to slow their progression. Despite the ineffective solutions, Refluxology has formulated a new treatment that may provide you with relief. Finally, you have an option that is much less harmful to your body!
As a brand, the company dedicated its efforts to providing solutions for acid reflux and GERD without resorting to dangerous formulas. Instead, Refluxology makes its products with non-GMO microorganisms to replace toxic chemicals. Since their origins in the 1990s, a businessperson and a scientist have partnered to create better alternatives to replace the current treatments. And so far, they have been successful because their patent contains three primary elements. With these three elements, patients have reported being symptom-free, enabling them to live a free lifestyle without fearing the future. More importantly, Reflexology does not provide any adverse side effects.
- Digestive Enzymes- Their product uses a combination of powerful strains of enzymes that promote food digestion. Specifically, they use Cellulase, Hemicellulase, Lipase, Invertase, and Acid-stable Protease. Cellulase breaks down plant cell walls that contain fibrous clots, whereas Hemicellulase degrades Hemicellulose within the plant cell wall. Lipase is the component that is responsible for breaking down animal fats and oils that may obstruct the opening between the stomach and the small intestine. In contrast, Invertase degrades sugars, complicating digestion and increasing stomach acid. Finally, Acid-stable Protease eliminates proteins that complicate movement through the pyloric sphincter. Overall, each of these enzymes specialize in helping to degrade certain elements that are difficult to digest to ensure proper functionality of the stomach.
- Acid Stable Probiotics- Utilizes Bacillus coagulans, which is a spore-forming and acid-stable probiotic. It has been responsible for improving immunity, digestion, production of enzymes, and other critical metabolites that ensure the proper function of the alimentary canal. More so, this organism helps to produce enzymes to break down food constituents, which are unmentioned above. Overall, this component will round out the digestive potential of Refluxology.
- Nattokinase & Surfactin- These compounds are derived from Bacillus subtilis, and this complex has been a part of the Japanese diet for decades. Nattokinase promotes health and longevity, while Surfactin works with enzymes to transform nutrients into their most beneficial form. In addition, they maintain digestive health, the pyloric sphincter, and keeps the intestines free of obstructions that may result in overaccumulation of acid.
Their ingredients have recently become a resolution for a recent problem concerning one of the PPIs, known as Zantac. The brand explained:
“Refluxology the FDA was alerted that unacceptable levels of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) were found in one of the most popular PPIs called Zantac. In 2018 alone 18,739,686 people in the United States were prescribed Zantac. Long-term exposure to NDMA has been directly linked to pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, esophageal cancer, and many others…It took the FDA less than a year to completely recall Zantac and by April 2020 more than fifteen million people were left without” —Refluxology Founders.
Following this crisis, Refluxology became relied on to fill the gap in the market. Consumers trust their products because they are not known to cause bad side effects, while also leading to immediate symptom relief.
A New Treatment For An Old Problem!
Finally, instead of risking your health and wellness over acid reflux or GERD, Refluxology provides you with a new innovative solution with limited risks. What better is that you no longer must rely on ineffective medications that only lead to long-term complications. You now have the option to purchase a product that truly provides relief without having to compromise on quality or consume unnecessary additives and fillers. Take a deep breath knowing that you can eat the foods you want without all the guilt or negative consequences attached.
* In partnership with our friends at Refluxology LLC.* Photo courtesy of Refluxology LLC.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
* The information available on ewellnessmag.com, including text, graphics, and other materials is for informational purposes only. Reliance on any information in ewellnessmag.com is at the user’s own risk. Sponsored product placement may appear in the article. The visitor of this website acknowledges that the information available on or through ewellnessmag.com is not and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Copyright © 2022 Brawo Press, Inc. All rights reserved.