Amidst the chaos and turbulence of the world today, it can be tempting to surrender to worry and anxiety. From the persistent rise in inflation to conflicts overseas and the ever-present threat of new and dangerous illnesses, there are numerous sources of stress that we often feel powerless against.
However, it is important to recognize that many of these external factors are beyond our control, and allowing ourselves to be consumed by them is just frustrating and futile. Instead, we must focus our attention on what we can control, and how we can make our own lives more beautiful and fulfilling. In exploring the different aspects of our lives that contribute the most to our joy, we can easily find that how we manage and nurture our relationships has one of the greatest impacts on our mental well-being.
Thankfully, the month of love embraced by Valentine’s Day reminds us to shift our focus to love. Let us take a moment to consider how we can strengthen our bonds with our partners. By investing in the quality of our relationships, we can cultivate a foundation of support and comfort, even amidst the uncertainties of life.
Here are 8 tips to help create and maintain a strong and thriving relationship:
- Spend Quality Time Together: With the prevalence of technology in our lives, it’s easy to fall into the trap of constantly staring at our small screens instead of interacting with our partners. The time we spend scrolling, rather than truly connecting with one another, makes it easy to drift apart and ignore the importance of face-to-face interactions. By dedicating quality time to each other, we can deepen our intimacy and enhance our bonds. This can be as simple as sharing a morning coffee or taking a leisurely evening walk. Find activities that you both enjoy and try new things together, whether it’s discovering new cuisines or exploring new places.
- Space and Independence: While it’s natural to want to spend every moment with your partner early in a relationship, it is equally important to respect each other’s need for space and independence. Encouraging each other to engage in individual hobbies is essential for a healthy relationship because it boosts sense of self-worth and confidence. Supporting your partner by celebrating their sperate pursuits and successes, will go a long way in strengthening the relationship. Also, make sure to take the time to nurture your own personal friendships and family relationships because they can be a tremendous source of emotional support for you and your partner in both happy and difficult times.
- Build a Foundation of Respect: It is crucial to ensure that your relationship is built on a foundation of deeply rooted respect for one another. This means treating each other with dignity and consideration, even when we’re feeling frustrated or angry. Always make it a priority to let your partner know how much you value the way that they are feeling. Do your best to show them that you are aware of, and respect their wishes, thoughts, and feelings. Having open, genuine, and honest conversations about respect and compassion will help you grow and deepen your connection. Remember to always be kind, and establish boundaries such as avoiding name-calling, steering clear of placing blame, and never making threats during arguments.
- Active Listening: Learning how to really listen to and hear your partner is an essential skill in any relationship. Communication is a two-way street, and listening is just as important as speaking. Actively listening means that you encourage your partner to speak without interrupting them, and you try to understand their thoughts and feelings. By taking the time to listen attentively to our partner, we demonstrate our care and concern for their experience. When responding, it’s important to reflect on what they’ve shared and then offer support. This reassures your partner of your love and compassion for them, while also giving them confidence that you are trying to resolve whatever issue or emotions have surfaced.
- Clear Communication: Communicating with your partner in a clear and direct way is a key component of any healthy relationship. Speaking up is essential to avoid misunderstandings and miscommunication. When expressing our thoughts and feelings, it’s important to use “I” statements and avoid vague or ambiguous language. We must always remember that although our partner loves us and has the best intentions, they cannot read our mind. Leaving a loved one guessing causes pain and frustration on both sides, as you are not able to get your needs met, and they are left feeling confused and frustrated. It is so fulfilling to have your partner hear and understand where your hearts and mind is so that you can find each other on the same page.
- Express Your Emotions: This ties right back to our tip on communicating clearly. We found this point to be so imperative that we wanted to continue elaborating on it. Relationships thrive on emotional intimacy, and it is essential to be open and transparent with our partner about our thoughts and feelings. Sharing openly with your partner allows for you both to support each other during trying times. If you feel distant, start by asking questions about your partner’s emotions and sharing your own. By expressing our emotions and being receptive to our partner’s, we can deepen our connection and build a stronger bond.
- Check-in with Each Other: Regular check-ins with our partner provide an opportunity to discuss the state of the relationship and address any issues that may arise. As often happens in life, things can get busy and overwhelming, sometimes making it difficult to connect. By setting aside time to discuss the relationship, you can ensure that you are both on the same path and working towards a common goal. Make the time to talk to each other about your future and relationship goals, as well as addressing any concerns that might be weighing on you. Be clear with your partner, and always make sure you are hearing their input as well. This will bring you closer and reduce the anxiety of any uncertainties or insecurities either of you may have.
- Sleep Tighter, Together: If you don’t already, sleeping with your partner every night is a beautiful way to build a strong bond, and has proven to enhance the emotional and physical connection in your relationship. Relationship experts agree that sleeping in the same bed fosters stronger emotional and physical ties. It has also been shown to improve sleep duration and quality. People tend to get more REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is critical for learning and remembering. Also, sleeping next to each other has been shown to help people fall asleep faster, which leads to better sleep quality. A study published in 2022 by the official journal of the Sleep Research Society titled SLEEP concluded that sleeping next to your partner offers several health benefits, which include:
- Lower levels of anxiety
- Lower risk of sleep apnea
- Lower levels of depression
- Higher satisfaction with life and relationships
- Lower levels of stress
- Reduced severity of insomnia
Poor sleep quality has been cited as a significant cause of anxiety and depression. Sleeping well allows us to show up as the best versions of ourselves in lives, and in our relationships. If you find that you are still having trouble with sleep quality even while snoozing next to your partner, consider taking a few steps to ensure you both get a good night’s rest.
Getting better sleep together.
One way to further improve the quality of your sleep, is to take time to unwind before bed. Instead of using screens, consider activities like reading, drawing, or meditating. This can also serve as a meaningful opportunity to connect with your partner and have open, honest conversations.
Another way to make a profoundly positive impact on your sleep and ensure a good night’s rest is to invest in quality sleep products. This is often something we overlook and yet it is the most powerful way to transform your sleep.
Investing in quality sleep products, such as a supportive mattress, soft yet supportive pillow, and comfortable bedding, will make all the difference in improving how restorative your sleep has the potential to be. A mattress that supports you and eliminates pressure points, sheets that wrap you in comfort, and a pillow that keeps your body in perfect alignment can help reduce pain in your neck and shoulders, eliminate snoring, and lead to a more restful and rejuvenating sleep experience.
A quality pillow cannot be understated, because the alignment of your head, neck, and shoulders will impact the entire length of your spine. A supportive pillow that promotes alignment while still giving you the comfort of a soft luxurious feel, will give you the balance that you need.
That’s exactly what the sleep experts at Honeydew Sleep have created with their famous Scrumptious Side Pillow.
Scrumptious Side Pillow.
Ensure you and your partner have the support and comfort to have a restful night’s sleep.
After years of extensive research and development, this pillow finally came to market and caused quite a sensation. Built for superior comfort and unparalleled support, every part of this pillow was deliberately and meticulously chosen in pursuit of that goal. You and your partner can wake up pain-free and refreshed, ready to take on your day.
Every pillow has a hidden zipper, where the unique, one-of-a-kind fill can either be added to the pillow or taken away. Honeydew Sleep knows that there is no one-size-fits all when it comes to pillows. Every person will have their own specific needs and comfort preferences based on their individual body. In addition to which, our bodies and needs can also change over time. That is why they made a pillow that can conform and be personalized at any point. You can remove fill to lower the loft and soften your pillow, or if you need more robust support, the company is happy to provide extra free fill for life.
People and media publications can’t seem to stop giving this pillow rave reviews and presenting it in the most positive light. Countless customers have gone as far as to say that the pillow has improved their sleep and relieved their pain to the point that it has changed their life for the better.
One customer, Lyndi M. said this about the Scrumptious Side Sleeper Pillow –
I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars trying to find the right pillow. I wish I would have tried this one first. I love the cutout for side sleeping. My neck rests comfortably on the pillow while my shoulder rests inside the cut out. Highly recommend!
Lyndi’s review is one of the hundreds of positive reviews for this revolutionary product.
Honeydew Sleep is so confident that you will love your new pillow that they offer a 60-night unconditional money-back guarantee. If this isn’t the best pillow you’ve ever slept on, you can rest easy knowing that you have the option to return it at no cost.
This could be a game changer for how you and your partner enjoy a night of sleep next to one another. As Valentine’s day approaches, consider the quality of your relationship and how your sleep can improve your love life. You both deserve the best products available so that you can sleep soundly together and awake with a renewed energy to tackle the new day ahead of you hand in hand.
When you are ready to sleep in true luxury and comfort, consider the Scrumptious Side Pillow from Honeydew Sleep.
* In partnership with our friends at Honeydew Sleep* Photo courtesy of Honeydew Sleep
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
* The information available on ewellnessmag.com, including text, graphics, and other materials is for informational purposes only. Reliance on any information in ewellnessmag.com is at the user’s own risk. Sponsored product placement may appear in the article. The visitor of this website acknowledges that the information available on or through ewellnessmag.com is not and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Copyright © 2023 Brawo Press, Inc. All rights reserved.