Taking a collagen booster via a supplement has become increasingly popular in recent times. It is known as one of the most abundant proteins in the body and it is literally like the glue that holds us together! No matter the season, keeping your stores of collagen topped up can help keep you moving, looking, and feeling better. We know skin suffers and gets dry particularly in fall and winter as temperatures get colder. Cold weather can also make joints painful and intensify struggles with arthritis. Fortunately, a boost of collagen can make a noticeable difference to your complexion and reduce joint pain and inflammation in your body. Fall and winter are about avoiding stiffness, sickness, lethargy, and sad-looking skin!
“Collagen”, the name itself comes from the Greek word for “stick together” or “glue”: “kolla” and “gen” which means to produce! Collagen plays a vital role in protecting and preserving our bodies. Our bodies produce many different types of collagen and it is found in our bones, muscles, cartilage, tendons, and of course, skin. Collagen provides our tissues with strength and structure and so there is no denying its crucial role in our overall wellbeing.
Sadly for all of us, our production of collagen goes into a steady downfall from as young as age 30, or even before. We commonly see a loss of collagen in the cushioning cartilage between bones, a classic sign of osteoarthritis which causes swollen, painful joints. Declining collagen stores in tendons and ligaments leave joints weak and prone to injury. Also, collagen loss in the skin produces the tell-tale signs of aging, such as thin, dry, and wrinkled skin.
The good news, however, is that it is a protein that can be produced and absorbed well by the body- this can make a collagen booster supplement even more important as part of your daily health regimen.
So, that being said, here are the 7 top reasons to boost your collagen!
- Reduced Joint Pain: As we age our joint tissues deteriorate causing us to become less active, joints are less supple and more prone to pain and stiffness. Collagen can help to maintain healthy joint tissues and reduce pain in your joints.
- Increased Bone Density: Bones become less dense and more brittle with age and during menopause. Collagen is a supplement that can help increase or at the very least maintain bone density to stave off fractures and breaks.
- Anti-Aging Benefits: Collagen helps to rejuvenate and hydrate the skin; it can help in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Heals Skin: Collagen is a powerful skin healer and regenerator. It can also improve the strength and structure of your skin.
- Anti-inflammatory: Collagen is a protein and is rich in amino acids. Amino acids can help to reduce inflammation within the body.
- Anti-Oxidant: Collagen can act as a powerful antioxidant within the body. It can help to fight free radicals that can cause damage.
- Improves Gut Health: Collagen reduces inflammation in the gut which helps to heal the gut lining and establish a stronger intestinal tract.
As with all supplements, some are of better quality than others and some bring greater benefits than those of lesser quality. In terms of boosting your collagen levels, one of the best ways to do this is by using Marine Collagen. Whether you are ordering online or buying off the shelf at your local health food store you should know where your supplements are made and how much collagen is actually in the product you are buying. Many collagens have a lot of other ingredients included so the amount of collagen that you actually get in one dose might be a lot less than you think.
Why Marine Collagen?
Collagen peptides are made from a variety of animal sources with bovine being the cheapest and most common source. Marine collagen is considered the gold standard among all sources because it has the smallest molecule size which means it’s more bio-available or easier for your body to absorb and put to work. Most marine collagens measure between 3000-5000 Daltons while cheaper bovine collagens typically measure 5000-10000 Daltons.
Important to recognize is that some premium marine collagens have molecule sizes that are even smaller. DeepMarine Collagen is Canadian-made collagen that is put through numerous extra filtering steps to ensure peptide molecules are almost twice as small as all other marine collagen. Measuring in at a tiny 1700 Daltons, DeepMarine Collagen molecules easily pass through the gut lining into the bloodstream, so more collagen peptides get to your collagen-producing cells and you see greater benefits. The smaller the molecule, the better the results you see.
Here’s a Little More Info on How Collagen Peptides Work!
When producing collagen supplements, the collagen is hydrolyzed to make the molecules tiny and easier for your body to absorb. With hydrolyzed collagen, you are consuming collagen peptides which are short chains of amino acids that have very specific actions in the body.
The huge benefit of hydrolyzed collagen peptides lies in their ability to activate the body’s collagen-producing cells (fibroblast and osteoblast cells). Collagen peptides help these cells to increase our collagen production. Interestingly, they also help to calm an overactive immune system which is causing chronic inflammation. By helping to quiet this overactivity, hydrolyzed collagen peptides will reduce overall inflammation in the body.
In the skin, taking collagen peptides will assist fibroblasts cells to start making more collagen in the dermal layer. Increased collagen levels improve the strength, health, tone, and hydration of the skin. And since hair follicles and fingernail beds are rooted in the dermis, a healthier dermal layer also means healthier hair follicles and fingernail beds. Both rely on the dermis for their nutrients and blood flow; so improved dermal skin health results in stronger nails and improved hair health!
- Collagen peptide supplements will also increase collagen levels in cartilage, ligaments, and tendons. This increases the resilience and durability of these joint tissues and dramatically reduces joint pain.
- Marine collagen is highly effective at reducing inflammation in arthritic joints. Marine collagen helps to control chronic joint inflammation by reducing the body’s production of inflammatory cytokines (the cause of inflammation). The result is more flexible and pain-free joint function.
- Collagen peptides also help with bone density. Collagen makes up 90% of the protein in our bones and is the foundation of the architecture of our bones; it is a crucial protein to keep them strong and flexible. Supplementing with collagen has been shown to help our bone’s osteoblast cells in the production of bone collagen which positively affects bone density.
DeepMarine Collagen is a Premium Marine Collagen!
DeepMarine knew that it had to bring all the best elements of marine collagen together to deliver the most effective collagen to customers. Critical in this task was to have the smallest molecule collagen, only use wild-caught fish, produced in Canada where quality standards are among the highest in the world, and to have no other ingredients in our product – so customers get 100% collagen in their daily dose. This combo ensures the best results.
The inspiration for DeepMarine Collagen came from a brilliant professor whose lifetime research focuses on the health benefits offered by peptides.
“DeepMarine is extremely proud to produce 100% made-in-Canada collagen. Our Made-in-Canada product assures our customers that our collagen is made from the highest quality of raw materials and that production meets the world’s strictest health and safety standards” – DeepMarine Collagen
Five years in, they are extremely proud to offer ultra-tiny marine collagen molecules that give the best absorption in the body.
DeepMarine Collagen Provide Purer Collagen!
It’s important to choose products labeled wild-caught. Farmed fish are commonly used to produce less expensive marine collagens, yet farm-raised fish are frequently exposed to high levels of pesticides, antibiotics, and hormones
- DeepMarine Collagen products are 100% made in Canada using certified wild-caught fish from the cold waters of the North Atlantic Ocean. These are clean pure raw materials free from chemicals and contaminants.
- DeepMarine products are also totally pure collagen with absolutely no other ingredients added. This ensures that each daily dose is pure collagen.
- Other collagen companies add numerous other unnecessary ingredients which lower the amount of collagen the consumer gets.
- Additionally, DeepMarine’s quality standards exceed the strictest quality and safety standards in the world (Health Canada, EU, FDA, and Japanese Pharmacopeia) and each batch is tested by independent third-party laboratories for contaminants and heavy metals to ensure pure, clean, and safe collagen.
Sustainable – because it’s the right choice!
DeepMarine Collagen is 100% made in Canada using an “upcycling” process that takes collagen-rich, wild-caught, fish skins and scales, which are normally discarded, and produces a value-added natural health product from it. This up-cycling reduces waste and makes fuller use of our valuable marine resources!
* In partnership with our friends at DeepMarine * Photo courtesy of DeepMarine
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
* The information available on ewellnessmag.com, including text, graphics, and other materials is for informational purposes only. Reliance on any information in ewellnessmag.com is at the user’s own risk. Sponsored product placement may appear in the article. The visitor of this website acknowledges that the information available on or through ewellnessmag.com is not and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Copyright © 2022 Brawo Press, Inc. All rights reserved.